In the original RPG, there was a large focus on 'World Balance'. This is mostly touched on in the House Rules section, but there are also a few minor differences in here. Also, the presence of the Sesai family is slightly played up, so the Phoenix can have a fourth family, if a secret one, for variety's sake.
In some cases I have reverted to an older family bonus. The Shiba, for example, are not the physically hardened soldiers they been forced to become after over four decades of conflict, and have been introspective scholars for centuries. Thus their bonus remains +1 Intelligence.
- Crab Clan
- Crane Clan
- Dragon Clan
- Lion Clan
- Phoenix Clan
- Scorpion Clan
- Unicorn Clan
- Minor Clans
- Badger Clan - Ichiro family
- Boar Clan - Beleived annihalated. Heichi family
- Centipede Clan - Moshi family. Has not merged with the Mantis.
- Dragonfly Clan - Tonbo family
- Falcon Clan - Toritaka family
- Fox Clan - Kitsune Family
- Hare Clan - Still exists at the beginning of the 1e RPG (and can be saved). Usagi family
- Snake Clan - Supposedly destroyed centuries before the beginning of the RPG. Chuda family
- Sparrow Clan - Suzume family
- Tortoise Clan - No family
- Wasp Clan - No family currently (eventually Tsuruchi). Has not merged with the Mantis, but possibly inevitable unless destroyed.
- Mantis Clan - No family currently (formerly Gusai, eventually Yoritomo) - Still a Minor Clan
- The Bat, Monkey, and Ox clans have not been founded.
Other Imperial Factions
- Imperial Families
- Brotherhood of Shinsei
- Living Shadow
|Legend of the Five Rings • L5R Campaign • Pre-Coup Overview • Humor|
|Ancestor Rules • FAQ • Forums|