Solar Storms Technology
A breakdown of technological sections.
- Biotechnology took a few leaps with the advent of the Prometheus Accords and the development of the Alpha strain and Beta strain. Sapiation has granted a few animals and other biological constructs sentience.
- Communication technology bears some slight merit in discussing, mostly about encryption, though satmets are important since the discovery of tachyons.
- Computers have advanced significantly, of course, giving rise to sapient machines and the encephalon.
- Defense technology primarily consists of deflectors, shields, and screens, though simple armor plays a role as well.
- Exotics - The study of exotic matter. Hadronium and exomatter have vastly expanded the capabilities of normal, baryonic materials.
- Nanotechnology was not quite the revolution some thought it would, though they were considered heavily in the Anti-Homogenization Act.
- Mobius patterns play an important part in the role of technology within the Milky Way.
- Power is dominated by deuterium fusion for civilian needs, while solar power represents the vast majority of gathered energy. Antimatter is not terribly feasible without the aid of mobius patterns, and klein taps power Regalia.
- Propulsion technology for most space faring vessels is largely based on a special kind of fusion reactor. Inside atmospheres, standard methods dominate though lifters are also present, and various lighter-than-air vehicles and hybrids of all sorts are quite common.
- Printers - or 'replicators', are also important to look at for the sake of economics in Solar Storms.
- Sensory technology is mostly a refinement of modern technology.
- Ships are separated into a number of categories between combat and utilitarian. See that node for details.
- Weaponry has some familiar and unfamiliar forms.
|Solar Storms • About • Credits • Questions • Resources • Glossary • Updates • Website|